4 years, Professional BACHELOR'S degree in Environmental Engineering, qualification of Environmental Engineer
Duration of studies: 4 years
Type of studies: Full time
European Qualifications Framework (EQF) level: Level 6
International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) level: Level 6
Language of instruction: English
Study programme director: Viesturs Kalniņš, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fee per year: 2900 EUR
- Secondary (High) School Graduation Certificate and Transcript with good results. Education documents must be accompanied by English translations of all certificates and transcripts along with approval of the documents authenticity.
- The grade in Mathematics from the GCSE (at least 60%)
- The grade in English from the GCSE
- IELTS minimum overall grade of 5.5 or TOEFL iBT / paper based or English language profiency letter or LiepU English test
- Recorded interview
About the programme:
The main goal of the programme "Environmental Innovation Technologies" is to prepare competitive, highly qualified specialists in environmental engineering field who are able to focus on a) current environmental engineering technologies and its innovations and b) are able to apply those innovations in different enterprises and institutions in the specific situations in order to minimise environmental impact and save resources and c) are able to create appropriate innovations.
This programme offers possibilities to practically use knowledge in environmental engineering, which will be obtained from theoretical courses and specialization courses with an emphasis on computer graphics based designing, prototyping and the development and application of different sensor systems, both for pollution measurements and assessment of energy efficiency and other purposes. Aspects of the second use of recycled materials plays an important role in studies. In addition, several internships in which students participate will provide a real experience in their next profession. As a bonus to be assessed by the future employers are the general education courses in areas such as business and project management, applied communication and others to make it easier for the young professional to enter the business environment.
The study programme opens up a wide range of career opportunities in various types of companies and institutions related to the environmental field. Students can start their own business or pursue their master studies in LiepU Master study programme "Ecotechnologies" or in some of the higher education institutions of Latvia or in the European Union.
Expected study results
- Understanding of the functioning of environmental systems and environmental technologies.
- Skills in the application of environmental technologies in specific problem situations.
- Innovation competencies in the field of environmental technologies. Competencies of non-standard problem solutions.
- Ability to perform tasks of technical engineering design and construction tasks of environmental technologies, as well as to prepare, manage or monitor documents and projects related to environmental policy, management and other industries.
General education courses: Introduction to Studies, Research and Technology, Industry Legislation, Office Software, Technical English, Environmental and Civil Defence.
Entrepreneurship courses: Business Management, Project Management, Human Resources Management, Professional Communication, Total Quality Management, Production Organization and Management.
Latvian as a foreign language (3 ECTS)
Field theoretical courses: Environmental Engineering Basics, Engineering Mathematics, Physics for Environmental Engineering, Environmental Chemistry, Biology and Biochemistry, Environmental Technologies I, II, III, IV, Geography and Earth Sciences, Circular Economy, Environmental Policy and Environmental Economy.
Field practical courses: Environmental Monitoring, Environmental and Occupational Safety Management, Environmental Communication and Ethics, Environmental Impact Assessment, Materials and Recycling, Databases, Modeling of Environmental Processes, Geographical Information Systems, Technical Graphics, Prototyping, Environmental Measurements and Sensors, Internet of Things, Programming Basics, Electronics, Basic Mechanics.
Study project I, II, III; Field Practice; Internship I, II, III; Qualification Exam; Bachelor Thesis Work
Material technical base:
- Physics laboratory
- Prototyping laboratory
- Computer system and networking laboratory
- Paper recycling laboratory
4 thematic classrooms: embassy of nature, computer and computer systems classroom, chemistry classroom, environment biology classroom.
Circular Economy center and 7 computer classrooms.
Language of the programme: English