Liepaja University (LiepU) is one of the oldest higher educational establishments in Latvia with large experience and academic traditions. It is located in the heart of Liepaja - city with a long and diverse history, unique architecture and atmosphere, and mostly - the wonderful sea and the beach.
LiepU invites colleagues from foreign universities to participate in the International Teaching and Staff Training Week 2021 to be held on 20 – 23 April 2021!
Event is planned both virtual and at the university! We will keep observing the situation caused by covid-19 and will make the needful organizational steps according to the epidemological situation in our country.
Venue: Liepaja University, Lielā street 14, Liepaja (LATVIA).
This international week is open for academic staff willing to give lectures, share experiences, as well as to international office staff working with Erasmus+ projects and full degree international students. A week full of discussions, networking and sharing of best-practices will focus on different topics, therefore:
- Foreign professors are invited to submit their teaching proposals in the following study fields:
- Business and organization
- European language and culture studies (English, French, Spanish, Russian, German languages)
- Information Technology
- Nature and renewable energy resources management and engineering
- New media art
- Social work
- Speech therapy
- Teacher training
- Tourism management and recreation
- International office staff is invited to actively share their experiences in a work with Erasmus+ KA1, KA2 projects, Erasmus+ digitalization; biggest challenges caused by COVID-19 in terms of international students’ recruitment etc.
There is no participation fee and all events included in the program are free of charge. Participants are expected to cover their costs for travel, accommodation and meals not mentioned in the program.
We will fully support you in applying for funding under the Erasmus+ Program at your home university. Therefore, please let us know if you need any documents or confirmation from our side.
Language of the event is English.
The final registration deadline is 20 March 2021, but kindly note that due to limited capacity we will not be able to host more than 30 participants. Application link is HERE