LiepU Institute of Management Sciences (IMS) started its work on the 1st of September 2008. The IMS aim is to develop management science in compliance with the present-day European and World research experience, accentuating introduction of innovations in different branches of national economy, with a special focus knowledge culture and innovations for sustainable economics in Latvia and Baltic States.
Institute of Management Sciences has a great research team with wide range practical, academic and research experience in the fields of Economics, Management, Marketing and Communication Sciences.
It focuses on three research areas:
• Business administration
• Public administration
• Educational management
Main research directions:
• Sustainable economic development at national and international level in terms of labour market migration, business development, quality of vocational education and promotion of entrepreneurial competences for youth
• Promotion of youth employment
• Youth career choices and issues of professional interests in the context of the labour market
• Foundation of innovative start-up enterprises. Their development challenges at an early stage of their development.
• Possibilities of development of entrepreneurship competences in the context of entrepreneurship education
• Local, national and sustainable context of social entrepreneurship
• Tourism in the Baltic Sea region; innovations, development, management
• Latvian public relations in the context of the small countries. Fake news, their identification and influence.
• Intellectual capital’s influence on development of organizations in the context of team work, employees’ motivation and satisfaction
• Educational management issues: educational management history in Latvia, quality management, organizational culture, teachers` motivation
Inese Lūsēna-Ezera, Dr.sc.administr.