Vitauta Dižā Universitātes (Lietuva) Āzijas studiju centrs piedāvā Vasaras skolu
Vytautas Magnus University Asian Studies Center, Korean language and culture summer school July 21 - August 2, 2009
This Summer School, a part of VMU Kaunas SuSo 2009, is the first and unique program in the Baltic States, dedicated to Korean culture. It will be organized July 21 - August 02, 2009 by Asian Studies Center of Vytautas Magnus University, in Kaunas, Lithuania. The School will be composed of two parts: the intensive Korean language and culture course and the special Korean dance and music workshop. Participants are welcome to select one or both of them. The Korean language and culture course, organized jointly with Kyung Hee university, will be held for two weeks, 3 hours per day. Participants will be able to learn the basic reading and writing using hangeul (the Korean alphabet), and obtain the elementary knowledge about the Korean language. Moreover, lectures on Korean history, religion and modern culture, Korean cinema evenings will be organized in the first week of the course. The Korean dance and music workshop (held only on the second week of the summer school, i.e. July 26-August 02) is a unique in Europe possibility, designed for those, who are interested in Korean traditional dance and music. All the necessary instruments and costumes during the workshop will be provided by the organizers. Although Korean dances are learned for years to become a professional, all participants will be able to touch this mysterious and extremely beautiful art, and to demonstrate their skills at the Farewell Concert of the Summer School.
- Every person over 18 can apply for this Summer school.
- There are no specific requirements for the participants of Dance and Music workshop, excluding those written above by NB. No special musical or choreographic education background is needed. Just bring your ambition and passion!
- Disabled persons are welcome to join Samulnori and Korean language courses. But please, contact with the administrator in advance!
The participation fee is:
- 60 Euro (200 Lt.) for Korean language course (for Lithuanian students 150 Lt.).
- 90 Euro (300 Lt.) for the dance and music workshop (for Lithuanian students 200 Lt.).
- The discount for those who take part in both courses, only 120 Euro (400 LT)
The organizers of SuSo do not provide the transportation, accommodation and food during the school. There are a several accommodation possibilities:
- University’s student dormitory. It is a newly renovated dormitory in the very centre of the town and it takes only 10 minutes to walk to the School’s place. Two students share one room and a bathroom with a shower. There is one kitchen that all students living on the same floor have to share. The price per week is 15 Euro.
- Renting a flat is also possible. The rent is approx. 1200-2000 Lt (about 350-580 EUR) per month (depends on the number of rooms and living conditions).
- by May 17 · : please, e-mail the filled Application form (can be downloaded from · [ http://www.studykaunas.eu/?q=VMUSuSo/Korean]
- http://www.studykaunas.eu/?q=VMUSuSo/Korean · ) to
- [mailto:email@example.com ] · firstname.lastname@example.org · ;
- by May 31: you will get an answer from the organizers of the SuSo about the results of the selection procedure.
- by June 10: after being selected, please, transfer the participation fee to the University’s account (detailed information will be sent for all the selected participants). We will send you the confirmation of the transfer as soon as it will reach the account.
The participants of the Summer School will get a VMU Korean language and culture summer school Diploma and certificate.
For more detailed information:
Contact person: Mr. Seo Jinseok (English, Lithuanian, Korean, Estonian, Latvian or Polish is available)
E-mail: [ mailto:email@example.com ]firstname.lastname@example.org or [mailto:email@example.com ]firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +370 6174 6317
VMU Kaunas SuSo 2009: http://www.studykaunas.eu/?q=node/1010