- An accredited state higher educational establishment, which implements study programmes at all three study levels: basic studies, Master and Doctorate studies.
- Every year about 30 study programmes are implemented.
- Full-time and part-time studies.
- The number of elected teaching staff members - 74, among them more than 62.1 % - Doctors of Sciences.
26 professors and associate professors.
- About 2000 students.
- LiepU has its own anthem, coat of arms, logo and a banner.
- At present an active accreditation process of the study programmes is going on, contacts with co-operation partners in foreign countries develop and strengthen - universities of Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey.