Liepaja University takes part in a multilateral project
„Transitions and multilingualism – TRAM” (2009 – 2010) is a multilateral project within the frame of the Lifelong Learning Programme – COMENIUS. The coordinating institution of the project is Elternverein Baden - Württenberg. The participating countries are Latvia, the Netherlands, Romania, Germany and Sweden. The main focus of the project is to enhance the quality and European dimension of teacher training by:
- supporting improvements in pedagogical approaches,
- promoting language learning and linguistic diversity,
- supporting intercultural learning of teachers and children,
- improving educational opportunities of migrant pupils through teacher training,
- including children, parents and grandparents with multilingual background in educational processes,
- fostering linguistic and personal competences in children,
- promoting bias sensitive pedagogy of teachers towards all children (L 1 and L 2)
- fostering teachers` attitude to perceive multilingualism as resource,
- fostering respectful dialogue in classroom.
The contact persons of the TRAM project at the Liepaja University are Dina Bethere, Mg. paed. and Linda Mackevica, Dr.paed., and the partner of collaboration – the institution of preschool education in Liepaja “Rukitis” (head – G. Kadike, Mg. paed.). It is foreseen that participants of the project will visit Liepaja University in October, 2010.