11th May 2020, No 26 - v
On the procedures for the submission of final works and the organisation of Final/National examinations during the Emergency situation
On the basis of Study Council Decision No 1 of 30.03.2020. (Protocol No 11), the study process and development of final works (bachelor, master thesis, diploma and qualification works) at Liepaja University (hereinafter - LiepU) are held remotely.
On the basis of the Cabinet Regulation (hereinafter - CR) Order No 103 of 12th March 2020 “Regarding Declaration of the Emergency Situation” and its amendments of 7 May 2020 (CR Order No 254), and Order of LiepU Rector No 25-v “Regarding Working Regime”, 08.05.2020:
- PROVIDE that the final works (bachelor, master thesis, diploma and qualification works) of the spring semester of the academic year 2019/2020 are submitted only electronically in accordance with LiepU schedule of the Final/National examinations for the spring semester of the calendar of the academic year 2019/2020.
- The electronic copy of the work (and visual annexes) shall be submitted in accordance with Clause 25.1 of Regulation for the final examinations, state examinations and state final examinations (https://www.liepu.lv/en/61/documents-and-regulations). Before the submission of the electronic copy of the work, the student must comply with the obligations laid down in the Study Agreement (study fee, library books, etc.)
- The student In the Statement regarding the development of work (a form is available on Liepaja University homepage) sends LAIS.lv identification by stating that the research was carried out independently, using only the sources of information indicated, the Copyright Law has not been infringed.
- Until the uploading of the electronic work version, the work supervisor shall submit to the faculty a Statement regarding the compliance of all the supervised work with criteria laid down and shall recommend the works for defence.
- The submitted works shall be checked in the unified computerized system of plagiarism control, and the responsible employee of the Study department shall inform the faculty about the outcome of the verification.
- After verification of the work in the unified computerised system of plagiarism control, the responsible employee of the faculty shall send the work to the reviewer and all members of the examination commission.
- The reviewer shall sign the work review and submit it electronically to the faculty within its specified term.
- The faculty shall send the student a review no later than two days before the defence.
- DETERMINE that all Final/State examinations are held remotely on the platform Microsoft Teams and shall be recorded.
- DETERMINE the following procedures for the process of the qualification exam for all study programmes:
10.1. The student shall receive questions/tasks of the exam electronically one day before the qualification exam.
10.2. During the qualification exam, a commission on the platform Microsoft Teams shall listen to the answers prepared by the student and then ask questions.
11. DETERMINE the following procedures for the defence process of the work:
11.1. The student shall introduce the commission with the chosen topic, gained results in the research carried in 10 to 15 minutes and shall respond to questions of the reviewer.
11.2. After the student’s presentation the commission shall ask questions.
11.3. The commission shall notify about the student’s assessment after dicussion.
12. The Commission meetings shall be protocolled electronically using the forms available on LAIS.
13. The examination results are fixed in the group examination protocol.
14. After defending work the faculty shall prepare and submit a list of defended works to the library.